[Mgs] Single to dual master cylinder

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Single to dual master cylinder
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 11:46:48 -0700
After a recent tour (in my other car) that included 9000+ foot elevations
and 23% grades, I have begun to consider converting the 66 B to a dual
circuit master cylinder brake system. It is bad enough when the brakes fade
in mountain driving -- the complete absence of fluid pressure in the case of
a failure is a terrifying concept.

I was wondering if anyone had completed such a project, and what was
required in the way of plumbing. Certainly one approach would be to install
the complete MC, hard lines and safety switch from a 68-74.5 MGB. But
possibly not all of these components are strictly necessary. It also occurs
to me that there might be an alternative MC available that was not quite so
costly.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149