[Mgs] Gearbox Cowl

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Gearbox Cowl
From: "DONALD TOY" <dontoy@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:50:58 -0400
Listers,
This is for those of you out there that have TF's. I've reinstalled the
rebuilt transmission, now I've got the "little stuff" to do. I've run into a
question. The shop manual says to disassemble, I was to take up the
floorboards then remove the gearbox cowl. Upon reassembling it seems as though
the floorboards should go down first, then the gearbox cowl. It would be nice
for the floorbards to sit on top of the inner egde of the cowl however. It
also seems as though there are bolts that i can only get to if i put the floor
down first. Which is correct: floor boards then cowl on top or cowl bolted up
with the floorboards on top. I'd like to get it right, this time. Thanks in
advance.
Don Toy
1954 MGTF
2000 Land Rover ( a monument to idiocy )
Various Saabs, blah, blah, blah