[Mgs] ZDDP - Again!

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] ZDDP - Again!
From: <frankk12@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 14:38:37 -0400
There is some confusion in my mind regarding the use of  Brad Penn oil I got
that contains ZDDP. I ordered it specifically for my 1980 MGB LE, 1964 MGB and
my 1958 MGA. I was feeling quite satisfied until today when I read the back of
the quart of Brad Penn oil where it reads, "can be detrimental to cars and
trucks with catalytic converters." My confusion stems from the fact that my
1980 LE does have a catalytic converter.
My quandry is thus, do I use it and not worry about burning out the cat since
the car old enough not to require inspection in Rhode Island. That way my
lifers, push rods, etc.are properly lubed. Or do I not use it to save my cat?
In the past when Castrol contained zddp I never thought twice about the
harmful effect on the cat. Should I have been?
Frank Krajewski