Re: [Mgs] Draining Radiator

To: d_dibiase@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Draining Radiator
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:16:10 -0400
Dan,
   The core of the radiator is a couple of inches (at most) below the
filler neck, so one can not remove much coolant with a syphon.  Remove
the lower hose and be ready for the mess.
Bob

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 05:00:13 -0700 (PDT) Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
writes:
> I need to drain the radiator on my '76 B as I have a squealing water
> pump that needs to be replaced. My particular
> radiator doesn't have a petcock (always like to try to work that
> word into conversation ;-) and I was able to use a
> siphon method to get about a quart of fluid out of the upper tank.
> But I don't know what the internals of a radiator
> look like so I'm not sure if I can sneak my tubing down further
> inside to siphon out more, or if I just have to remove
> the lower hose like I usually do and get coolant all over the
> place.
>
>  Dan D
> Central NJ USA
> '76 MGB Tourer
> '65 MGB Tourer (Project)
> NAMGBR #5-2328
> http://dans65b.blogspot.com/
> http://dans76b.blogspot.com/
> http://dansautoblog.blogspot.com/
> http://dans-life-blog.blogspot.com/
> twitter: dandibiase

Mountain West Bank - your local lea
Totally Free Checking, and more locations to serve you.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=sYP9U3emr482tkm2WELQ5gAAJ1CFcZuYg3ZrSi-zVv-uUL-FAAUAAAAAAAAAABQiYD6B0j2sLqh3MXE-hWhCb9gzAAAAAA==