Re: [Mgs] 80 B Timing question

To: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 80 B Timing question
From: "Eric Markley" <ericemarkley@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 21:23:24 -0400
Gene,

If the distributor is the original 45DE4 Lucas, it should have a vacuum
canister attached in front of the amplifier assembly. The Lucas part number
is 41693 for a Federal spec car and 41695 for a California spec car. There
is a device that restricts the operation of the vacuum advance to fourth
gear (o/d) only.

Your advance curve spec was:
10 degrees BTDC @ 1500 rpm
13 to 17 degrees @ 2000 rpm
28 to 32 degrees @ 3500 rpm
33 to 37 degrees @ 4500 rpm

The only thing I find in my workshop manuals on the Transmission Controlled
Spark Advance is a wiring diagram, nothing on how to test operation. I hope
that others can help.

Good Luck,

Eric