Re: [Mgs] 77 MGB...for sale...fair price?

To: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 77 MGB...for sale...fair price?
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:52:29 -0500
Well,
        I have a vested interest here, as I have a 77 as well.

        You have a better body than mine (mine's dented, no rust). I don't
see if there's any rust on yours.

        I have converted to twin SUs.

        I don't have overdrive.

        My top is fine, but not beautiful.

        That said, there is no way I'd let my car go for only $2500. I may be
wrong, but that's the way I feel.

        I made it through the little kid stage, now in the teenager stage,
and they would be pretty mad if I sold it before they could drive. :-)

        You look to have a good solid car. You've worked out the engine
exterior. The body looks to be solid.

        What about the engine interior. You say it hasn't been rebuilt by
you. Does it have decent compression and oil pressure? Or is this
going to need a rebuild in the near future?

        What about the clutch?

        Suspension rebuilt?

        Personally, if the engine, tranny, and clutch are good. And there
isn't rust hiding from the camera, I'd probably add a $1000. But then
winter is coming and it would be going in storage, so that might knock
some off. St Louis is no place to drive that in winter. But if it went
to someone a bit further south??

Paul.