Re: [Mgs] Harbor Freight Not Really LBC

To: MGS LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Harbor Freight Not Really LBC
From: Rod Williams <PRNDL@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:53:48 -0700
On Oct 14, 2009, at 2:27 PM, Murray Arundell wrote:

> The reasons for this escape me and perhaps some of our US members
> could explain why this form of buying things is so popular there
Because lots of places around the US don't have many of the stores
that are available easily online. It doesn't make a lot of sense to
drive 45 miles round trip, at $.55 / mile, to buy a $20 tool when it
can be delivered to my door in a couple of days for $3 shipping. I
just bought a blasting cabinet at HF. The bloody thing weighs a ton
and is big. So I drove to pick it up. But the $12 angle grinder could
have just as easily been purchased online and saved me two hours and
$25 auto expense. That said, I'm leery of buying anything at Horrible
Fright without looking at it first. So much of their stuff is, um,
less than mil-spec.
--
Rod Williams
Petaluma, California