Re: [Mgs] Fwd: Thermo Fan Switch

To: <DMatt21502@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fwd: Thermo Fan Switch
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 09:09:56 -0000
I've not heard of those particular switches being prone to failure (other
than popping out), but other modern replacements are, especially the brake
light switch, so maybe it depends on manufacturer/supplier.  A good switch
definitely *won't* operate if it is above coolant level.  Other electrical
problems like a partial short on a motor will put more stress on an
otherwise sound switch and cause premature failure.  What current are your
motors pulling, say with the engine stopped?

PaulH.