Re: [Mgs] Re; Door buffers

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Re; Door buffers
From: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 18:31:25 -0600
Yeah, they are. Could be worse. Could be a '58 Caddy. Or an old Rolls.

A shop jack can help with a 2x4 on the flat under the door. So can a
friend to help balance it on the jack. Balance isn't so bad on a
roadster, but a GT would be a little more top heavy. He or she can also
help with the beer after it's done. If it's not done, however, that nice
new paint job will suffer if the door is opened too far.

Mark the position of the hinges before you remove them. Of course it's
also an opportunity to reset the gap all around. And rebuild the window
winder. As long as the door's out you might take a look at the box
section and threshold for rust...

<;^)

Glenn