Re: [Mgs] Question About Oil Loss

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <wilkmanracing@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Question About Oil Loss
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 08:54:28 -0000
Speaking for my own MGB it doesn't drop oil and never has in the 20 years
I've been driving it, but I know many do.  All MGBs always had two breather
ports to the engine.  In the early days which was suction and which was
inlet was very hit and miss, after that suction (first from a PCV valve then
from carb(s)) was always applied to the front tappet chest cover and the
inlet was always via the rocker cover in the shape of a vented oil filler
cap on charcoal canister cars and via a port on the back on canister cars.
But in any case only dropping oil after switch-off isn't a breather issue,
and the it to be an issue anyway both would have to be blocked and it would
be more likely to blow oil with the engine running, initially at least.

PaulH.