Re: [Mgs] Signs That You Might Be a Car Guy

To: <ptrmgb@gmail.com>, <don@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Signs That You Might Be a Car Guy
From: Mike Eldred <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 23:49:00 -0500
Satch Carlson writes for Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car now.

HSEC is a good magazine - don't let the "exotic" in the name put you off like
it did me, for many years. About 98% of the magazine is dedicated to real cars
that real people drive, just like ours.  Most of the cars they're writing
about are in the price range that working people can afford, or at least
aspire to own.  They write about micro cars, fiberglass-bodied modified cars,
unique variants, classic Japanese and European cars and, yes, once in a while
they write about one of those six-figure Italian cars.

This month's cover story was "Sports car stimulus: big fun for less than
$7,500."  Among the cars was the MGB ($4,995) and the Triumph Spitfire ($6,995
for a minty '67) and the Mazda RX7 ($3,375).

Also, check out the Hemmings Blog at http://blog.hemmings.com/

Mention my name when you suscribe for an additional zero percent off.

-Mike Eldred

Wilmington, VT.

> From: ptrmgb@gmail.com
> Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 22:16:48 -0600
> To: don@napanet.net
> CC: mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Mgs] Signs That You Might Be a Car Guy
>
> I'm "guilty" of a lot of them. #14 many times a week.
>
> I gave up on R&T probably 10 years ago. I found, like you that Egan was the
> only thing to read in it. I vowed to go to the website every month and read
> his article. I get there a couple times a year.
>
> The only one who could rival him, was Satch Carlson from the 80s Autoweeks.
> Satch had a lot of problems.
>
> On Jan 12, 2010, at 3:32 PM, don wrote:
>
> > I just received latest copy of R&T magazine. I subscribe for
> > nostalgic reasons as most of the magazine is boring. The bright spot
> > in the magazine is always the column by Peter Egan. Subject starts
> > out on guys that change their own oil, and then goes on from
> > there. The article is on the R&T website and worth a read.
> >
> > Signs That You Might Be a Car Guy - Side Glances by Peter Egan
> >
> > http://www.roadandtrack.com/column/signs-that-you-might-be-a-car-guy

> http://www.team.net/archive

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsofts powerful SPAM protection.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390706/direct/01/