Re: [Mgs] MGA Double row axle bearings

To: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA Double row axle bearings
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:37:30 -0600
Funny question.  Any of the common Brit car parts suppliers have them.

Alternatively, any local bearing supply house.  They won't know the
car application, so don't tell them what it's for.  Just give them
the numbers off the side of the bearing races, and they wil likely
get one within 24 hours (if not off the local shelf).  If you were
curious in advance you can likely use the internet to look up cross
reference numbers from multiple manufacturers.

Or maybe I misinterpret your question.  The outboard hub bearing is
double row, but the differential carrier bearing is not.  Original
design is very robust, so no reason to switch to anything non-standard.