Re: [Mgs] wanted - now DSG 7 speed

To: "Dan DiBiase" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] wanted - now DSG 7 speed
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:34:57 +0100
Hi Dan,

Well I must say I'm very impressed by VW's DSG.
Still running in, because I just have covered 130 miles on the odo, but the
DSG makes the comfort!
The engine is very silent and gear change is hardly noticed.
When coasting to a traffic light, the DSG switches itself out of gear, which
gives a long coasting possibility.
Also when the engine is at normal temperature, it switches off automatically
when standing still at traffic lights etc. When lifting the foot from the
brake pedal, the engine restarts automatically.
I already achieved to drive 10 miles per 1 litre for gas on a trip!

Cheers,

Hans

still love my BGT's character best - a car with a heart!