[Mgs] weber or not

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] weber or not
From: "Tom Gunderson" <thgun@comporium.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:48:49 -0500
My car has been setting for over a year waiting to get a head replacement. I
have done that and now I am wanting to get the car back on the road. After
mounting the carbs I found that I can't get power when driving. It seems to be
getting enough gas. It starts fine. With the air cleaners off I put my hand
over the air intake of the front carb. It wants to choke out and stall. When I
do this on the rear carb it does'nt act the same. Maybe there is a jet clogged
or trash in the carb line. The engine will run with only the front two plug
wires connected and not with the rear two only connected. Just an idea to
replace the carbs. All the replys help.
Thanks, Tom
1957 MGA , 1500 rst