[Mgs] 14th Annual All British Car Swap Meet & Autojumble

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net,
Subject: [Mgs] 14th Annual All British Car Swap Meet & Autojumble
From: jevans@mydb3.com
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 11:35:56 -0600 (CST)
The 14th annual British Car Swap Meet & Autojumble will be held on
February 28, 2010 from 8 AM to 3 PM at the DuPage County Fairgrounds in
Wheaton, IL.

Vendor preregistration forms were mailed several weeks ago to several
hundred vendors and British car club addresses:  if you are a vendor to
this market and you did not get a preregistration form, please contact me
off list for information; if you are a British car club officer and would
like information about club participation, please contact me off list.

Notification to almost 3,000 individuals on our mailing list took place
two weeks ago.  If you did not get one of our famous "purple postcards"
and would like to get on the mailing list, please contact me off list.

If you live in the Indianapolis, St Louis, Peoria, Rockford, Rock Island,
Chicago or Milwaukee areas your Sunday newspaper on January 31 carried a
notice in the "classic car" (or equivalent) classified ad section with
info on the British Car Swap Meet & Autojumble.

This event now attracts both vendors and shoppers from throughout the
midwest, with over 100 indoor vendor spaces and up to 1,000 shoppers in
recent years.  The location is in a suburban environment roughly 25 miles
west of Chicago.  Info can be had at http://www.britishcarswap.info or by
contacting me directly off list.

This year, the meet will include other European car and motorcycle
marques.  Several new clubs have taken booths and promoted the event to
their members, so the variety of  items available will be even greater
than usual.

The British Car Swap Meet & Autojumble is sponsored by the Chicagoland MG
Club and enjoys the support and participation of all the Chicago area
British car clubs.

FOR THE CHICAGOLAND MG CLUB
Jim Evans
630-858-8192