Re: [Mgs] MGA turn signal switch rebuild

To: Dan Dwelley <maine2me@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA turn signal switch rebuild
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:43:07 -0600
Dan,

Not sure what "raised position" means, as the piston moves from front
to back in a horizontal direction when switch is monted in the
dash.  In any case, the piston is only for time delay and has no
electrical contacts. The electrical contacts are all in the front,
immediately inside the front cover.  Yes, both contacts should be
open with the switch is at rest.  Properly set the time delay should
be about 20 seconds.  Switch contacts should stay closed during that
time.  It is return motion of the piston that pushes the switch back
to rest position (off) as it times out.

As to that odd second switch, photos please.

Barney