[Mgs] How hot should my MG-B ?

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Mgs] How hot should my MG-B ?
From: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 17:18:04 -0500
All,

   The (relatively) mild weather here in the north east has
me starting to think about getting the car ready for the
spring.

    Late last summer and in to the fall, I was chasing an
overheating problem that was either caused by or did cause
a crack in the head around the #2 spark plug.

    In any event, the new head is on along with new water
pump, hoses, and  160 degree thermostat.  The radiator
remained as it seemed to be flowing OK.

    My question to the group is:  how hot should my 1980
MGB  be ?  During a cool day (40's), I ran the car until it
warmed up and the fan started to cycle.   I received one of
the Moss IR hand held thermometers for Christmas, and used
it to measured the temp of the top of the radiator. The
radiator was 200 degrees +/- near where the water enters.
  Is this normal with a 160 degree thermostat ?

Gene

80 B

http://www.nni.com/