[Mgs] MGB maintenance after 3+ years not driving?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] MGB maintenance after 3+ years not driving?
From: Mark Wise <markwisenc@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:46:39 -0400
As I mentioned in a previous post, I am going to try to get my 1980 MGB
back on the road after a long hiatus.  Due to changes in family, work,
etc. the poor car has only been driven once in the past several years.
Now my two young boys ask me daily when they'll get to "ride in the
green car".  Sadly, neither have ever seen it on the road.

In two weeks, my Dad will be flying out to help me work on the car.  We
will be installing a Crane XR700 ignition, as the first step.  The
ignition was always a problem with that car.  Assuming that the new
ignition will actually get the car running, does anyone have suggestions
for some other maintenance to-do's that I should plan on doing with the
car before I take it on the road?  We'll definitely be changing the oil
and filter.   Anything else?

Thanks for you help!

--

Mark Wise