Re: [Mgs] Installing a Crane XR 700 electronic ignition - tips?

To: "David Ambrose" <stargazer1@cox.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Installing a Crane XR 700 electronic ignition - tips?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:44:11 +0100
If you have a 72 or earlier with the current triggered tach (RVI number on
the dial) you usually have to alter the pickup so the ignition wire only
goes through it once instead of twice, i.e. half a turn instead of a full
turn.  For the later types this entails opening it up, unfortunately.  From
73 on the voltage triggered types (RVC) are supposed to be immune, so if you
can get the right size a swap might be easier.

PaulH.