Re: [Mgs] Foam for door cap rebuild

To: Douglas Gaither <dbg.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Foam for door cap rebuild
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:53:50 -0500
Or campmor has a full sheet for cheaper than REI's full sheet. Often the
case.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___41312

On Apr 7, 2010, at 11:48 AM, Douglas Gaither wrote:

> I purchased some suitable black vinyl from a fabric store.  They did have
foam but it was just a light open-cell that is not durable enough.  I've also
visited the local craft store, same story.  I'll keep looking.

> On Apr 7, 2010, at 9:39 AM, Paul Root wrote:
>
>> So, it sounds like you want to recover them yourself?
>>
>> Is the vinyl ok and you just need to restuff it?
>>
>> I'd go to a craft shop or camping place. Perhaps the blue closed cell dense
foam would work for this application.