Re: [Mgs] Engine Frustration

To: "Craig Straub" <craigstraub@sbcglobal.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Engine Frustration
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:52:52 +0100
It's always bothered me just how well the oilways will be cleaned out after
any machining work.  Should they be flushed out with oil?  Or is blowing out
with air enough?  Took the caps off my V8 last year to check the sizes in
preparation for replacement (original sizes after 200k on the engine and
about 100k on these shells, still just in spec).  The big ends and most of
the main journals had a mirror finish, but the front main was very slightly
scored, I suspect from debris remaining in the oilways until oil was pushed
through.

PaulH.