Re: [Mgs] Clutch Judder

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Clutch Judder
From: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 00:06:44 -0500
> From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: [Mgs] Clutch Judder
> To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
>
> Traction bars scarcely seem necessary on a less-than-100HP vehicle with
> skinny tires. Just an observation...

If your rear springs are winding up like an old watch then traction bars
  bloody well will too help. That's one half of why they exist.

> Curious how low engine oil contributes to rear end hop. Low shock oil was
> suggested...

Low engine oil can and did contribute to my car shaking like an
off-loaded washing machine. Bringing the level up to full stopped it.
Every time. Call it experience. Some would call it bringing the engine
back up to full power so as to compensate or power through the frequency
of the springs winding versus the balance of the system. I would call it
a successful fix for a problem that worked consistently.

> Not sure how Clutch Judder turned into Rear End Hop, either. Different
> issues.

It got there because it's not always easy to tell the blasted
difference between clutch judder, rear spring wind up and rear wheel hop.

I'm trying to help a guy out from my experience.

Glenn

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75