[Mgs] more questions re mg engine

To: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>, mgs@autox.team.net, members2@batans.ca
Subject: [Mgs] more questions re mg engine
From: Malcolm Jeffcock <msjeffcock@eastlink.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:35:50 -0300
Ok so I got the two nuts off and the cross member is of. Does the gear lever
come out? I ask because I have another cross member at the back of the gear bo
just before the union on the prop shaft. I cannot drop the assembly far enough
to have the gear levaer clear the hole so as to allow it to come forward, That
crossmember with jacking points is not removeable. As such unless gear lever
comes off it isn't coming out but it does not easily come out and I don't want
to break my transmission because ofdoing something I should not do.

It is a 74 B. To be frank I regret the decision to try and remove the complete
assembly when removing engine only you have some access trouble on bolts two
together and a challenge getting engine onto spline, these take about an hour
to overcome. This is day three of this task! (with pauses to ask questions).

Malcolm

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75