Re: [Mgs] Got 69 BGT engine pics?

To: Dan Dwelley <maine2me@yahoo.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Got 69 BGT engine pics?
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 16:51:35 -0600
Another option is that you can take some detailed pictures of the engine
compartment and post them on the Internet for those of us on the list to
see. If you don't have a site, you can email them to me and I can put
them on a server (my email limit is 25 mb per message so keep them
small). I'm sure a number of us can give you a complete analysis of what
we see. With the 18V, there may be some changes, some visible some not.
A 71BGT I bought had a replacement 18V engine in it that turned out to
be an Austin Marina motor. One visible difference was a blocked coolant
pipe on the head and not visible - the single row timing chain and gears
and a modified pilot shaft from the transmission to where it inserted in
the crankshaft.

David Councill
64 B
67 BGT