Re: [Mgs] Overdrive does not work when it is hot.

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.ne>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Overdrive does not work when it is hot.
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 13:32:57 -0500
Oh good,; the wire from the column OD switch is a yellow one that comes
out of the bundle at the rear of the passenger side inner fender panel.
It has a bullet connector for the wire that goes down to the lockout
switch and solenoid.  When I retrofit mu OD gearbox into the car I made
a harness from the OD wire to the switch and then to the solenoid.  I
also put in a wire with bullet connectors at each end to go straight to
the solenoid, as a trouble-shooting aid.  Anyway, once you find the
yellow wire in the harness, you can run a wire from there to the
solenoid and go drive the car.  If the OD doesn't drop out after a while
you've isolated the problem to the switch.  Yippee!

   CR