[Mgs] MGB brake caliper seals

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] MGB brake caliper seals
From: Matt Trebelhorn <matt.lists@trebelhorn.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 06:26:40 -0400
I was rebuilding the calipers for my B this weekend, and managed to
mangle two of the metal rings that retain the outer seals.

(I would not have done so had I checked Barney's webpage first.  The
method on this page:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/brakes/bt104b.htm
works brilliantly.)

My question: can the metal rings be bought separately?  I don't want
to waste a rebuild kit if I only need the metal rings.

One cool thing I figured out and wanted to pass along:  u-bolts from
the rear axle have the same bolt spacing as the calipers and make a
good stand for holding the caliper while painting it.  (The caliper I
did rebuild is now grey; no red/yellow/purple etc. for me)

Matt

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75