Re: [Mgs] MGA TOP SEALING TO WINDSHIELD

To: <thgun@comporium.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA TOP SEALING TO WINDSHIELD
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 15:45:03 -0500
For center latch installaton, drill and counter-sink two holes for
flat head screws in windscreen frame, top center, to attach the latch
plate.  Attach the latch to center of wood bow with two wood screws
just above the steel bow.  If you have original type 1500 wood bow
there will be no wood extending above the steel bow, so it doesn't
work.  In that case you have to replace the wood bow with the later
1600 style.  Alternate might be to install a small metal L-bracket on
top of the 1500 type wood bow to accept a pair of machine screws for
attachment of the Latch.

For original center latch style see here:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/top/top114.htm

For differences in wood bows see here:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/top/top107.htm

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA wih an attitude
http://MGAguru.com

At 10:18 AM 9/10/2010 -0400, Tom Gunderson <thgun@comporium.net> wrote:
>I had a top installed on my MGA. .... clips to hold the center of
>the bow down .... You have to drill holes in the windshield frame to
>mount it. Any comments?

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75