Re: [Mgs] MGA rear hieght

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA rear hieght
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:53:50 -0700
I recall a thread from years back in which many persons reported
asymmetrical rear height, particularly in MGBs, even with new springs fitted
(even after swapping springs side to side, in one instance).

Mine, for instance, has a noticeable tilt to the rear bumper.

1.5" seems a bit much, however.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

on 9/21/10 12:31 PM, Barney Gaylord at barneymg@mgaguru.com wrote:

> Most likely a collapsed spring, but first you have to determine which
> spring is bad.  Put proper air pressure in tires first.
>
> Place a floor jack centered under rear axle, and lift rear tires off
> the floor.  If it then sits level the front springs are okay, suspect
> bad rear spring.
>
> Place a floor jack centered under front frame cross member, and lift
> front tires off the floor.  If it then sits level the rear springs
> are okay, suspect bad front spring.
>
> Always replace springs in matched pairs.
>
> Barney Gaylord
> 1958 MGA with an attitude
> http://MGAguru.com
>

> At 01:47 PM 9/21/2010 -0400, Tom Gunderson (thgun@comporium.net) wrote:
>> My rear body sits high on the left side about 1 1/2 inch. What is
>> the best way to correct this?
>>
>> .... 1957,1500 MGA rst.

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html