[Mgs] Why we own an old British open two seater

To: mgs list <mgs@autox.team.net>, NashvilleBritishCars@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Mgs] Why we own an old British open two seater
From: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 00:49:02 -0500
A couple of hours ago (it's now just after midnight as I write this)
Jette and I went around the corner to dog-sit for some friends who are
out of town. Her first inclination was to take the pickup truck because
she's used to it and it was easily available under the deck. Mine was to
take the MGB because, well it was just a gorgeous cool night. We were
not disappointed.

It's a three minute drive between our house and theirs. Two if I hit it.
On the way back home she made the grave mistake of looking up. We wound
up sitting at one stop sign for about a half hour looking at one of the
most beautiful cloud covers I've ever seen. The high cirrus clouds had
three wave patterns that intersected around a waning gibbous moon that
had a ring of rainbow around it. An occasional star peaked through. The
clouds were moving so quickly we could barely point to one portion of
the sky when another would demand our attention. At one point the entire
sky looked like a ripple tank of fish ribs made out of fresh picked
cotton. Then five or six columns or big fat fingers came in from the
west underneath the fishribs and finally broke up into huge popcorn
kernels and swept past into a clear deep star-filled night sky. We
finally had to get home to rest our necks.

I wish I had better words to describe it all, but suffice it to say it
took us 45 minutes to drive home because we had to stop so much and look up.

--

Glenn Schnittke

g.schnittke@comcast.net
Home - 615-837-5883