[Mgs] Rings (Was rocker threads)

To: MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Rings (Was rocker threads)
From: cyberemp@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 19:50:21 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [Mgs] rocker threads causing problems
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 18:45:20 -0700

F.W.I.W. My first car (1967 Cortina GT) Had the same symptoms and removal of
the head
revealed a 1/4 inch wide grove worn vertically in cyl. wall. I guessed it was a
broken ring, but did not have the
tools, space $ or time to take it apart further. Eventually the city had my
beloved money pit towed away. :(
First car. I loved that thing, even though it left a trail of broken parts
where ever it went. Taught me the basics of
automotive mechanics just keeping it running.
Eric
Still so many cars, so little parking

(Original letter)
<<<Allright, this is where I am now...(snip)

I went driving and continued to see the original problem of billows of blue
smoke upon harder acceleration after strong suction. (snip)
Next step is work on the rings. (snip)

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75