[Mgs] Distributor Cap Solution

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Distributor Cap Solution
From: DMatt21502@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:23:43 EST
I tried to start my 77 MG this morning for the first time in a month. It
wouldn't fire at all. Checked for spark and it wasn't getting any. I popped
the distributor cap and everything looked fine except the button in the
center  appeared to be pushed in a bit too far. I pulled on it and the button
and spring  came out. It felt slightly oily so I cleaned it and stretched the
spring  slightly to give it a bit more tension. After reinstalling it the
car fired  right up. I have had trouble starting this car in cold weather for
a couple of  years so maybe this will solve the problem. This was a quick
easy fix for an  annoying problem.

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75