Re: [Mgs] [MG-MGB] Fw: Fwd: FW: Speed Traps in Your Town !!

To: <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] [MG-MGB] Fw: Fwd: FW: Speed Traps in Your Town !!
From: Mike Eldred <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 08:32:16 -0500
Yep, me too.  Check out my town, Wilmington, Vermont.  There are several
listings for a "speed trap" at or near the intersection of Routes 9 & 100.
What they fail to mention is that it's quite literally in the middle of our
busy little village, where there is road side parking, several cross walks,
and dozens of pedestrians at any given time.  The speed limit is 25 mph, not
outrageously low, and it certainly shouldn't be a shock to anyone with half a
brain that you have to slow down driving through the middle of town.
Nonetheless, everyone seems to think it's a "trap" designed to fill the town
coffers.  Actually, what we get from fines wouldn't pay the salary of one of
our police officers.  And they give more warnings than tickets.
Yeah, when you're going 45 through our town, you get a ticket.  Don't whine
about it, and don't call it a "trap."

-Mike Eldred
Wilmington, VT

> From: steve@coastaldatasystems.com
> To: mgs@autox.team.net
> Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 07:53:35 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Mgs] [MG-MGB] Fw: Fwd: FW: Speed Traps in Your Town !!
>
> I've always found it funny that folks call it a speed "trap" when the law
> officers are just enforcing the law. To me a "trap" means something has
been
> done to trick or bait you into not realizing the limit has changed.
> Personally I wish they would do it more often, especially safety items such
> as turn signals and lights on when the wipers are running (here in
Florida).