Re: [Mgs] [MG-MGB] Fw: Fwd: FW: Speed Traps in Your Town !!

To: Mike Eldred <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] [MG-MGB] Fw: Fwd: FW: Speed Traps in Your Town !!
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 09:58:57 -0500
On the other hand, when I drive to work in Camden, NJ, the road leading
into  Camden is a posted 45 MPH but daily avg is ~60. No one is ever
pulled over for speeding. (It is a state road.) Leaving that road
(Admiral Wilson Blvd), there is a bypass into Camden of ~1/2 mile, of
which the approximately first 200' exit is the slow-down region at the
end of which is a 25MPH sign even though one is till far from the city.
I got pinched at 7:30AM  in my B one morning because I had slowed from
~55 towards 40MPH well before the sign. The claim....I was not doing
25MPH. A clear trap...also...last day of the month.

I went to court and it was thrown out. The cop never showed up either.

So what conclusions should one draw.   1) A red MGB attracts attention.
2) Speed traps are real.  3) Judges are not always crazy. But I would
inquire of the list whether 4) is valid:   The probability of gettting a
tickets is higher at the end of the month than at the beginning or in
the middle. My 2 tickets in 40 yrs of driving were both at the end of
the month.

I'd really like to hear about this issue. Does it represent an unwritten
quota?

Regards,

Bill Saidel
Cherry Hill, NJ