Re: [Mgs] To start or not to start?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] To start or not to start?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:54:08 -0000
Definitely!  Didn't do that for about three months once and first time out
it was like a clown car with eccentric wheels.  40 miles or so resolved that
though.  I keep mine ready for driving if the road conditions are suitable,
but if I can't I run them for about 20 mins per month at a fast idle (i.e.
throttle wedged open a bit, *not* with the choke!).  It all depends on when
you change your oil though - in the spring like me, or if you change it in
the autumn then there is little point in contaminating the oil once you have
circulated it.  Then you are into plugs out, oil in the bores, and maybe
blocks under the suspension to take the weight off the tyres (keep the air
in them) so you don't even have to roll them.  Unless you are really anal
and change it autumn and spring.

PaulH.