[Mgs] front end diagnosis

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] front end diagnosis
From: Duvall Video Productions <mike@duvallvideo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 23:55:01 -0600
This winter, I discovered my MGB left front shock had a bolt missing and
another was loose both on the wheel side.   I tightened the loose one down but
the missing bolt must have the nut stripped and won't hold a bolt.     Now the
car vibrates a lot at 50 or 60 mph and has made a couple of loud clunking
noises in that area.  I thought the clunk might be the shock loosened up again
but it hasn't.

Would this likely be a bad shock or a something frozen up?   What should I
look for before I start taking the front end apart?

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive