Re: [Mgs] Electrical question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Electrical question
From: "Stephen West-Fisher" <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:02:46 -0400
If no blood was shed then that was the problem.
As a fellow Saab owner, I can assure you that a blood sacrifice is required
for ANY maintenance greater than an oil change.

Depending upon the engine (I am only familiar with the 2L Turbo in a 93)
there is almost no clearance for the starter wires so a short is
conceivable, although it is not the hot side of the engine. The alternator
is down there too, being at the "front" of the engine on the lower right
side with the starter  way, way up between the firewall and
engine/transmission. On some it's quite a trick to find a hole large enough
to drop the starter through.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
N4IK