[Mgs] Electric cooling fan for 71 MGB

Subject: [Mgs] Electric cooling fan for 71 MGB
From: 71mgbgt at gmail.com (Henri Lefebvre)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 14:50:54 -0700
I am considering installing an electric cooling fan, to replace the
metal mechanical fan on my '71 MGB GT.
I will probably install it as a pusher for ease of installation.
I have one on my TR6 and am very pleased with the performance.

I would appreciate comments and suggestions, pros and cons.
Originality is not a concern.

A few questions:

   1 - Make:     any makes recommended, or not recommended?  Hayden,
ProComp etc.
   2 - Blades:     curved or straight blades? it seems that curved
blades might move more air.
   3 - Temperature probe:   instead of the probe through the rad
style, what are the installation alternatives? I do not plan to remove
the rad to have a bung welded in at this time.

All suugestions welcomed.

Thank you,

Henri