[Mgs] fuel hose replacement

Subject: [Mgs] fuel hose replacement
From: awhitema at panix.com (Aaron Whiteman)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 17:12:01 -0800
Today was (as far as I care) the first day of spring.  I put the battery in
yesterday, pulled the spark plugs, cranked to pressurize, then buttoned my '75
B backup and and let her run for a bit.

Today, I called the insurance company and ventured out a bit.

Some of the old fuel hoses in the engine bay were weeping, so I thought it
time to do some replacement.  Simultaneously, the aftermarket fuel pump has a
shoddy wire, so I did some repair work there too.  While I was under there, I
noted that the fuel hoses linking that pump to the hard lines are looking a
bit worn.  They aren't leaking, but they are showing signs that I should think
about replacing them.

Short of "let somebody else do it," what's the best advice for draining those
lines/hoses for replacement?  Do I need to worry about siphon effects?