[Mgs] MG6 Review

Subject: [Mgs] MG6 Review
From: richard.ewald at gmail.com (Richard Ewald)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 08:50:21 -0700
I've had numerous cars with Sat Nav.  Are the systems perfect?  No.  On the
other hand I have never yet come across a map that was 100% perfect either.
As far as costs go, the factory units are spendy, but often coupled with
things like a back up camera which makes the price somewhat more tolerable.
Again on the other side of the coin, I have never seen or heard of a car
with factory nav being broken into and the nav unit stolen.  Leaving a
portable (or even just the mount) in sight is like putting a big red
blinking sign on top of the car that says BREAK INTO ME!  If you factor in
the cost of TWO portable units (the first one that gets stolen + a
replacement) and the cost of the theft repair you are very close to what the
factory unit costs.

>>given that so many people including professional drivers set them to
'shortest' route then end up getting stuck in flooded stream crossings,
lorries stuck in narrow lanes, and at least one person >>getting fined for
driving the wrong way up a one-way street because that is what the system
told them to do.
Please tell me the brand of map that will prevent these same idiots from
turning down the wrong way on a one way street, getting stuck in a flooded
stream crossing, or getting stuck in a lane too narrow.  I have never seen a
map like this and would love to own one.

Also don't forget the reason these units are in the cars.  People want
them.  Just because you don't doesn't mean that lots of people do.