[Mgs] How often to change fluids

Subject: [Mgs] How often to change fluids
From: paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk (Paul Hunt)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 09:03:09 +0100
Factory recommendation was 2 years or 24k, same as the rear axle.  But
unlike engine oil it doesn't degrade from contamination and as said you can
probably go for years.  Only the V8 has 90wt *gear* oil in the gearbox, the
4-cylinder has the same oil as the engine which depends on the local
temperature range, nominally 20W/50.  The axle takes 90wt *differential*
oil, this is different to gear oil.

PaulH.