Re: [Mgs] Tagged a tyrewall

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Tagged a tyrewall
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:49:17 -0700
Hmmm...

Braked late and hard, unloading the rear tires... Apexed too early, and the
rear couldn't hold the tight line, and drifted out... I don't know what you
were doing when it suddenly caught and overcorrected, but I think you were
already in trouble, because you really wanted a little throttle to transfer
weight rearward, but throttle would have put you off the road anyway,
nose-first in that case...

"Exceeded the friction circle" of the rear tires, at any rate.

Glad it wasn't too serious.

That seems like quite a long straight on that track. Reminded me of turn 1
at Willow Springs

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

on 6/16/11 9:11 AM, Eric Erickson at eric@erickson.on.net wrote:

> I keep studying this video and I am really not quite sure that my turn into
> this corner caused this incident.
>
> It is the third lap I have run at this racetrack since 2006 - so I was
> certainly out of practice, but to have the rear tyres let go like that was
> really unexpected.
>
> Any thoughts?

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html