[Mgs] windshields

Subject: [Mgs] windshields
From: paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk (Paul Hunt)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:43:51 +0100
On my replacement screen the bottom corners were cut back slightly.  Fits
the same frame and rubber, in those corners you can see the cut back edge as
it appears to be only just covered by the rubber.  Being in the UK and going
on organised runs it sees plenty of rain.  The only leaks *are* in those
corners, very slight, but appear to be coming under the rubber rather than
between rubber and glass.

Triplex came out of Pilkington in 1923, Pilkington itself dating back to
1826, the two companies concentrating on different product and market areas.
I think it more likely that the after-market is 'cheap', with all that that
implies.  You pays your money ...

PaulH.