[Mgs] MGB headrests

Subject: [Mgs] MGB headrests
From: mgbob at juno.com (mgbob at juno.com)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:25:06 GMT
   Attempting to raise the height of the headrest In my 1972 GT, I also pulled
the headrest out of the seat. At the bottom of the chrome post, on the side,
was a little rusty flat wire thing that appeared to be a spring that would fit
between the post and the groove of the fitting in the seat back.  It appeared
to be there to tension the post so it would not slide down.  At the time I
discovered the thing, which was years ago, it did not appear that the spring
would last much longer.  If it were to fail and the headrest drop, I would
drill a small hole through the post and insert a rivet or bolt that would
inconspicuously hold the post up.
Bob