[Mgs] Slow Starter

Subject: [Mgs] Slow Starter
From: barneymg at mgaguru.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 02:45:33 -0500
Could be too much spark advance causing it to kick back before going
over TDC.  Not a problem when cold because it doesn't fire on the
first couple of strokes until it gets spinning good with the
flywheel.  Next time it happens, try this.  Switch off, pull starter,
give it a turn or too to get spinning well, then switch on.to
run.  If that works, then you need to retard ignition timing.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com