Re: [Mgs] Traffic on the list. Let's go ahead and change that to

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Traffic on the list. Let's go ahead and change that to
From: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 22:20:53 -0600
> Re: [Mgs] Traffic on the list

My first thought when the subject of a lack of traffic came up was to
offer up 'cats' and 'dremels' and 'box beams' as subjects that would
start flame wars.

I decided not to and was rewarded with an invitation to look up my own
first post. To wit:

>   #: 13171 S0/CompuServe Mail  [MAIL]
>       20-Dec-94 00:09 EST
>   Sb: Happy you're here.
>   Fm: Glenn Schnittke [72147,3635]
>

> Am I glad you guys have discovered the world of digital communication.
>
> All I really want to know right now is; can I assume it's okay to advertise
> this address in the Automobile Forum? There are any number of people there
>with
> car problems and questions that you guys could help with and your presence
> would be appreciated. If e-mail is your preferred method, fine, I would be
>glad
> to refer people to you. I tend to hang out there a lot as I am working on
> putting my B back together and it is a fine source. In fact that's how I found
> you folks.
>
> Happy Holidays and New Year.
>
> GS

Notice the arrogance of a Compuserve user. Little did I know at the time
how great a resource this was.

I still refer to Roger Garnett's take on tuning SU's. I still want to
shoot the cat, though it's not the same one. I don't need to install a
box beam in the garage as I now have two hoist points, one indoors and
one out. And I own and use two Dremel's.

The one author, I will call him that - he deserves it, that I remember
and miss the most from my early years on the list hasn't been heard from
in a long time (at least by me - I disengaged from britcars to go to the
mgs list a long time ago) was Scott Fisher.  I miss his writing style
and varied input as well as his interest in food. His treatises on his
own history with British cars were very well written and evocative of my
own history with said cars.

Thank you Mark for all your years of service.

Glenn

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75