Re: [Mgs] 1970 MGB alternator

To: "davewillner" <davewillner@pa.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 1970 MGB alternator
From: "Bert Palte" <palte@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:49:26 +0100
78 and 105 mm, yes, here (on my spare alt).

There is an adjustment provided.
The bush you call a spacer can be shifted inside the alternator lug.
Don't use a hammer, however, you will break the lug.
I made a special tool to shift the bush.
I don't have any pics right now.

The idea is to put a piece of pipe just outside the bush and then use a bolt
and nut to exert force upon the bush.

Bert

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--
NEU: FreePhone - 0ct/min Handyspartarif mit Geld-zurC<ck-Garantie!

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive