[Mgs] Goodridge SS brake hoses

Subject: [Mgs] Goodridge SS brake hoses
From: difejo at optonline.net (John Di Fede)
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 11:17:29 -0500
List,

I have not posted here in years, although I receive the daily summary post.

I am trying to fit the front Goodridge SS brake hoses on my 1973 MGB.  The
front Goodridge hoses have a smaller fitting where the hose attaches to the
brake line.   As originally designed, my MGB has a plate that captures the
OEM style front hose and prevents it from twisting and possibly loosening
it's connection with the brake line.   Without the capture plate, It appears
that the join between the SS hose and the brake line may loosen over time -
caused by the motion of the front wheel turning back and forth.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Any ideas?  Any solutions other than
going back to a OEM spec hose?

Thanks,

Merry Christmas, Happy holidays, Happy New Year

John DiFede

1973 MGB