[Mgs] MGB pic on Fox

Subject: [Mgs] MGB pic on Fox
From: barrie at look.ca (Barrie Robinson)
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 13:51:34 -0500
Folks at world,

Seeing mpg figures interested me.  I used to drive an MGB GT for
years summer and winter - yes snow storms, freezing rain, several
feet of snow.  This because my Maserati Biturbo was less than
manageable in snow.  My MG got around the 24-28 as mentioned.   But
because the GT was asthmatic I decide to build to factory specs
(except for the 3.5L Rover motor being warmed over).  Mileage you
ask????  Well  my carefully monitored trip to Townsend in the darkest
US south gave 38mpg !!   And the MGB GT V8 production was halted
because it was a "petrol hog" and they had the fuel crisis !!!!!

And a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all