[Mgs] Ignition Switch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Ignition Switch
From: Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 12:42:41 -0800 (PST)
I have an issue after installing a new Moss ignition switch.  Not all of the
Moss wiring was the same color coding as the original.  Not sure but I think
this was good, at least at first, but not 100% sure.

While installing switch, started the car, on, off, start and key out and
locking mechanism good.  Started 5/6 times - thought good to go.  Cleaned up
wiring, broke off bolt heads attaching switch to steering column - rebuilt the
charcoal canister - OK lets go for a ride.

Make first stop for gas - ignition light, fuel pump comes on - turn to engage
starter nothing - no starter engagement.  Push start the car - get home - turn
key to off - car switches off, ignition light goes off, then starter engages
when in position to remove key.  Move key to position 1 to stop starter - then
disgusted - remove positive cable from battery and go drink a beer.

Any ideas as to what is causing this?  65 degrees today and Saturday - really
want to drive car.

Thanks
Joel Martin

Mgs@autox.team.net