[Mgs] MGB Brake Master Cylinder

Subject: [Mgs] MGB Brake Master Cylinder
From: ccrobins at ktc.com (Charley & Peggy Robinson)
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 09:58:52 -0500
  After letting the car sit in the garage for over a year, I finally got
around to replacing the brake MC on my '69 B.  What a PITA!

  I used a new reproductiom MC from Moss because I wanted to replace the
trap valves, which one has to reuse when replacing with a rebuilt MC.  I
had an intermittent problem with the brakes failing completely - pedal
to the metal - which I deduced was because one or both of the  trap
valves (called compensating valves in non-MG parlance) in the MC was
sticking open.

Anyhoo, I finally got to use a Gunson Eezibleed brake & clutch bleeding
kit that I bought long ago.  That doggone thing works great!  Beats the
pie out of having the wife pump the pedal!   Of course you have to have
a brake MC cap to sacrifice so as to install the pressure fitting in
it.  No problem for me, since I replaced the entire MC.

So we took a ride to see bluebonnets on our TX hill country roads
(Willow City loop for you Texans).  First time we've used the B since
the summer of 2010.  I had forgotten how much fun it is to drive the B.

CR